I hear it all the time, “Brooke I am not a fan of drinking water.” I agree! I don’t always have a taste for water and it might not be my first choice with dinner. However, it is important to keep in mind that water makes up 55%-78% of your total body weight depending on your overall size. It’s surprising that a drink that is tasteless is actually so beneficial for your body. If you hate drinking water get creative and find new ways to help you enjoy the taste and consume more.
Here are 5 ways you can PIMP your WATER:
1) Add some Flava! Slice up your favorite fruit like oranges or apples and add them to your water pitcher. I also love sliced cucumbers in my water…it makes me feel like I am at a spa.
2) Give it a cool ride.
- Drink it out of a cool glass, goblet, or mug.
- On the go? Try packing your water in the Reef Dram Sandals that double as water bottles.
- Get a new stylish water bottle.
3) Get a hydration coach. There is a water bottle on the market called Hydracoach that calculates and monitors your fluid intake.
4) Ice Ice Baby. Add fruit pieces, mint leaves, or edible small flowers to your ice cubes. Here is a recipe for Lemon Mint Ice Cubes by She Wears Many Hats.
5) Grab some bubbly. If you need a little fizz with your dinner choose carbonated water. The thing to keep in mind with carbonated water is that it fills you up, so if you are dehydrated this is not a good option.